Hi y’all, I’m FINALLY back! My busy work season has just ended so I finally have more time to blog! Hooray! I’ve been wanting to share some of my favorite makeup products with you all, so keep on reading 🙂
I love experimenting with different makeup products 🙂 Just like my skin care routine, I’ve gone through a lot of trial and error figuring out what products work well with my skin, what don’t, and what I just didn’t like. Personally, I prefer high-end makeup products because of how my skin reacted to many drugstore products, but there are certain drugstore products that are just as good. Here’s my take on some of my fave makeup:
- Primer: After using Benefit’s Porefssional, what are pores? This makes my skin super smooth and keeps my makeup on!
- Foundation: I am currently using the Born This Way Foundation. I’ve heard a lot of mixed reviews on this foundation, but I love it. It has medium to full coverage, but still feels really lightweight! I also don’t get too oily.
- Setting Spray: Best. Setting. Spray. Ever. I’ve been using the Urban Decay Setting Spray for as long as I have been wearing makeup. Ya girl will be outside all day and my foundation is STILL on.
- Translucent Powder: I could rave about this product all day, every day. It literally changed my life. It makes my skin/makeup very smooth and really sets my makeup. It also lasts all day! Shout out to Laura Mercier!
- Bronzer: I’m sure y’all have heard/used the Hoola Bronzer. It’s the perfect shade and stays on all day – enough said!
- Eyeshadow: I used to use drugstore eyeshadow when I was learning how makeup even worked… never again. One of my favorite palettes for the fall is the modern renaissance palette!
- Eyebrow Pencil: I liked drugstore eyebrow pencils such as the Nyx Micro Brow Pencil (PERF drugstore dupe), but after using the Anastasia Brow Wiz, I’m never turning back.
- Eyeliner: $14 for eyeliner that LASTS. Worth.
- Blush: I’ve tried drugstore and high-end and Milani’s blush is one of my faves! Amazing color pay off!
- Mascara: This is probably one of my favorite makeup products ever… Lash extensions didn’t work for me so my lashes are currently short and thin. This mascara makes it looks long and voluminous!
- Lipstick: I personally love ColourPop lipsticks – particularly in the shade Mess Around, but there are so many amazing lipstick brands such as Mac and Kat Von D!
- Concealer: I always recommend Maybelline Fit Me‘s concealer. So many shades, inexpensive, AND actually conceals. When I’m feelin’ a little fancy, I love using Tarte Shape Tape! Both of these products have amazing coverage and don’t dry my skin out.
I ALWAYS love trying new products! What are all of your favorites?!