It’s my birthday (HELLO FELLOW CANCERS)! 24th birthday to be exact 🙂 This year has been extremely difficult for me, so you can imagine how much I’ve learned about life and myself. I figured I would compile a list of the important lessons I have learned thus far. Outfit details are at the end!
- Tough times reveal true friends. There’s a difference between saying “I’m here if you need anything” and actually being there for them. I always believed in quality > quantity.
- Cherish your parents and family. After my dad’s accident, all I wanted to do was hug him and be able to talk to him. Always be present with your parents. Call them first. Return their calls.
- Be confident in yourself. Love yourself. Know that you can do anything you set your mind to. Although it is easier said than done, try not to care about what others think. I was so nervous to start my blog because I didn’t want to fail and was afraid of what others might think. You’ll never know if you don’t try, though.
- Treat yo self. “Life is short. BUY THE SHOES.” You probably deserve it <3
- Don’t take shit for granted. We are so blessed, we sometimes forget it. Spend time with your loved ones and appreciate all that you have. Right now, my dad struggles with things like talking and walking. You don’t realize how simple yet important things are.
- Don’t compare yourself. We see others being extremely successful or beautiful, but don’t forget that you’re successful and beautiful too. We all reach our goals at different points in our lives, it is okay.
- Social media is a lie. With #6 being a reference, everyone looks like they have their lives together on social media. We don’t realize the inner struggles or life problems that people are going through because everything seems fine on their Instagram! I can be insecure when I see women that are soo beautiful, but it’s all about hyping yourself (and them) up! P.S. It’s also all about the angles.
- Work/Life balance. I’ll admit that when it gets really busy at work, I get extremely caught up and only think about work. Have a glass of wine, spend time with your dog, go on a date. It’s the little things that mean the most when you’re stressed! If it’s one thing I learned, you can’t forget about the important things in your life – this doesn’t include your job.
- Save money and maintain a bomb ass credit score. This one is obvious. Saving money and maintaining a good credit score will take you far. It’ll make things much easier for you in the future aka buying a house or car that you love.
- Travel. This is just good for the soul! I love new adventures and exploring new places. It could get harder to travel in the future so do it while you’re young.
- Be kind. Duh. You never know what people are going through so sometimes that small act of kindness can make their day. PLUSSS, no one likes a b**** and that’s such a waste of time and energy.
I’m in love with two-piece sets. Got this one from Showpo! This set in particular is selling out fast so be sure to get it while you can! They have a ton of other cute sets and pieces as well, so take a look.
My shoes are Steve Madden and are the comfiest heels ever! They also come in seven different colors/patterns. I love these for work because I can wear them the entire day without feeling any pain. You’ll see these shoes a lot on the blog and my Instagram.