Photo by Peter Le
Before I start my blog post, just wanted to give a shout out to Poppy Clothing for the sweater I’m wearing! It’s literally the cutest thing ever 🙂 Come hang out with me at my event with them and Laceups + Thunderthighs this Thursday at their boutique in Rice Village! Join us for drinks, light bites, giveaways and more! You’ll even get a discount on the entire store, including this sweater! Feel free to email me for any questions.
Happy New Year, y’all! My first blog post of 2018 🙂 It has been two and a half weeks since my last blog post – yikes… I was finally able to reflect over 2017; it had the highest of highs and the lowest of lows.
Despite that, I’m making 2018 my best year yet.
Did you know that ONE THIRD of resolutions aren’t kept past January? I don’t think I’ve ever kept a resolution, but new year new me, right? Jk! Keep on reading if you’d like to know what my goals are this year!
- To not be afraid of stepping out of my comfort zone when it comes to fashion. In the past I have hesitated on wearing a piece because I thought it’d be “too much” or “not me”, but I’m ready to take some risks!
- Work on consistently posting more/better content on the blog and increasing readers/followers. I started blogging in October and it has been nothing but AMAZING. I’ve met so many people and already hosting my very first event this Thursday! Can’t wait to see what blogging brings me in 2018 <3
- Continue my journey on getting fit and toned! I got in the habit of working out last year and then had to stop after getting surgery on my foot. I had to wear the bulkiest boot on my foot y’all. Now that I’m back and BETTA THAN EVA, I really want to focus on getting toned and eating better. This means having a consistent workout schedule, meal prepping (this also saves me $$). Working on that beach bod for my Vegas trip in March hehe.
- Continue growing professionally. I had an amazing year by getting three promotions and two raises, but I’m definitely taking on a more challenging role. Although I’m still learning, it is exciting to be trusted with bigger projects.
- Read more books and actually finish them. I always use the excuse that I don’t have time, but that really isn’t an excuse. I miss reading and getting lost in a book. If you have any book recommendations, please comment below!
- Learn to be on time more… Yes, I have a problem with being on time. I heard the trick is to put any appointment in your calendar 10-15 minutes earlier than it really is!
I would love to hear your New Year’s Resolutions! Comment them below 🙂 have an awesome 2018 y’all!